Project No. 4: A Successful Finished Object

I finished one of the “Very Pretty Cuffs” (My Knitting Book, First Series, Miss Lambert, 1843) over the weekend. If you remember from my previous post, I chose to use a larger needle size than recommended by Miss Lambert to tackle this pattern. After some deliberation, I decided to go up by 1mm and used 2.75mmContinue reading “Project No. 4: A Successful Finished Object”

Project No. 3: Take Two!

If you remember, a few posts ago, I knit up a sample of the Open Stitch for Cuffs (Miss Lambert, My Knitting¬†Book, 1843)¬†and completely missed the third round of the pattern. Although the resulting stitch was pretty, it was not exactly what Miss Lambert was aiming for so I cast on again and knit theContinue reading “Project No. 3: Take Two!”

Completed my first project

I am very pleased to say that I have finished my first project from a Victorian era knitting book, Siberian Cuffs from Miss Lambert’s My Knitting Book (1843) with modifications based on other Siberian Cuff patterns of the same era (see my previous post).  I am so glad I started with an ‘easy’ one becauseContinue reading “Completed my first project”